Remember to validate your Metcard BEFORE you travel…
It was one of those days when the universe seemed a little bit rattled…
Melbourne skies were grey and dribbly…
My favoured pen had walked…
My $2 coin stuck itself in the Met machine…
The “up” escalator at Box Hill station didn’t feel like working today…
An old man wandered by me wielding a folded umbrella…
(the skies were still dribbling)
Muttering loudly to the air
In a language I couldn’t understand…
And ooooooooooo the seat I am sitting on is WET!!!
Great look for the interview!
And meanwhile the women ferret and groan
In the basket of buttons ON SPECIAL you know…
(with apologies to T.S.Eliot)
And a young girl in pale blue
Carried a HUGE black plastic THING
Under one arm
Glowed the lemon-lime sign…
And a sign on plastic – over a suit in a drycleaner’s read…
I am sure I am conjuring all the wrong images!
I must be!
Now the skies are letting it all hang out!!
Please!!! Let my umbrella open!!! Please!!!
WOOHOO!! The universe ain’t aimin’ at me today!!!
I’ve found an underground walkway
Beneath the busy road…
The “down” escalator works quite well at Box Hill station…
And oooooooooooo the seat of my pants is DRY!!!
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title