AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes

AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes
I love a sunburnt country / A land of sweeping plains / Of ragged mountain ranges / Of droughts and flooding rains / I love her far horizons / I love her jewel-sea / Her beauty and her terror / The wide brown land for me / ~ Dorothea Mackellar (1885-1968)

Followers

Friday, December 12, 2008

Favourite Photos Posted in 2008 Memes


Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Winter dreaming by Dromana waters, Mornington Peninsula ~ Posted for Pink Saturday meme ~ 30th August.
~
PhotoHunt #140 ~ Favourite
These are just a few of my favourite photos I have posted here in 2008.
~

Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Man at Dromana beach ~ Posted for 3WW ~ 25th September
~

Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ White alpaca at Red Hill, Mornington Peninsula ~ Posted for That's My World ~ 11th November
~

Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Flowers at Arthurs Seat ~ Posted for Today's Flowers ~ 20th October.
~

Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Red Hill mailbox ~ Posted for Mailbox Monday ~ 14th September
~

Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Dogs waiting for their owner at Schnapper Point, Mornington Peninsula ~ Posted for PhotoHunt ~ 4th October
~

Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Early spring on the beach at Dromana ~ Posted for Weekend Snapshot ~ 21st September
~

Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Kookaburra at the bottom of our verandah steps ~ Posted for Manic Monday ~ 20th October
~

Beautiful echoes
Smiles and colours and feelings
Photo gallery

~

Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Winter morning light at Dromana ~ Posted somewhere in the early days of my camera before I thought of recording meme and date!
~

10 comments:

Reader Wil said...

Beautiful pictures! Wonderful photo of the kookaburra at such close quarters. I always see them at a distance and have to zoom them in.

Anonymous said...

I love all your photos. Very nice to look at them. Thanks for sharing with us.

Paz

A Wild Thing said...

To look back at where our mindset was at that time is another whole adventure to travel to...what did we ever do without our digital cameras.

When I moved back from Florida, I had my computer worked on and he accidently erased all of my photos, I was sickened by it, but have moved on to another field of dreams...but I will go back to Florida to recapture lost friends.

Hope you are doing well with your move and how wonderful to have a view of the sea, can't wait for the photos...s

Anonymous said...

These were great. I can see why they're some favorites.
:-)

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

It's all beautiful!!! no wonder it's your favorite.:)
PH:Favorite

Gattina said...

They are all very beautiful !
BTW I saw your comment on Katney's blog, do you also have difficulties in commenting on mine ? I am living in Belgium !

jams o donnell said...

A really nice and varied selection of favourites. I've doen the same this week too. Have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

Well, Gemma - you have nailed this theme. I found it a difficult one that became suddenly easy.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Lovely. I like the way you capture everyday moments that we would otherwise never see. Happy Photo Hunters! I did mine, too.

http://newyorktraveler.net

I hope you have a spare moment to see, and leave your link.

Anonymous said...

What a great collection... very difficult to decide on a favourite!! But I think I like the Kookaburra just a tiny little bit more than the others! ;)

CALENDAR

Tasmania

Tasmania
A place of beauty in the Western Tiers

Tasmania

Tasmania
View near Blackwood Park Cottages, Mole Creek

New Landscapes

New Landscapes
New Worlds

Archive of Blog Quotes

  • A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
  • Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
  • Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
  • Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
  • Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman

Google Analytics

The Inner Light of the Spirit

The Inner Light of the Spirit
The Spirit of Inner Light

Lady Gemma

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails