Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Distant wild cockatoos on a grey Autumn Sunday in the Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula.
(NOTE: I decided to post a moody scene for a change, in the hope it enourages more rain we desperately need!
At this moment, pumps are on standby to pump out the low levels of water in the Thompson Dam which services the Melbourne metro.
Hopefully, those grey skies really are rainy skies!
A glorious scenic Sunday indeed!)
Scenic Sunday #40
Waves of pale grey cloud
White winged guardians nearby
Scenic hope of rain
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Beauty of a Grey Sky
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title