Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Crow on my verandah flag pole, looking at a late afternoon moon in the Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula
Carry On Tuesday #8
The prompt this week is the opening lines of the poem The Listeners by Walter de la Mare
"Is there anybody there?" said the Traveller,
Knocking on the moonlit door.
Use all or part of it at the start or somewhere within your poem or prose.
Wind blowing tight inner strings
Quavers or minums
Black notes on black lines
Is there anybody there
Listening for lyrics
Or just rustling leaves
Knocking on the moonlit door
Said the traveller
Collage of the moon and my red door created by Gemma Wiseman
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Knocking on the moonlit door...
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title