Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Once a useful piece of machinery, resting on a farm at Red Hill, Mornington Peninsula
One Single Impression #66 ~ Denouement
Sacred resting rust
Sleeping cold legend
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Burst of sun light over Port Phillip Bay at Dromana, Mornington Peninsula and a vapour trail of light from a small plane etches the blue of the sky.
Weekend Wordsmith #102 ~ Light
A tunnel of light
Swimming in light-headed swirls
Makes light of tensions
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ One tidy section of my bookshelves
PhotoHunt #164 ~ Book(s)
Cranford Lorna Doone Jane Eyre
Pride and Prejudice
Formal gold patterns
Regimented spinal grids
Friday, May 29, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Silver skies over silver waters of Port Phillip Bay, Mornington Peninsula
SkyWatch Friday #46
Pic by Gemma Wiseman
Silvered Autumn worlds
Like metallic beams of light
Like strange lunar tears
Pic by Gemma Wiseman
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ An arcing road leads to Eldridge Estate Winery, Red Hill, Mornington Peninsula.
The vines may be leafless, but there is still a hint of white roses guarding them at the end of each row.
This Way Thurs-Way #10
A sense of falling
Falling colour falling mist
A sense of sleeping
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Attractive front view of a small home tucked away in the Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula
Sepia Scenes #32
Window Views #6
Bland shuttered windows
Like filtered shadowed eyelids
Closed in or closed out
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Two wild cockatoos on our TV antenna grooming one another beneath a magic blue sky touched with white cloud
Blue Monday meme
Pic by Gemma Wiseman
Antenna for two
You are always on my mind
They're playing our blues
Pic by Gemma Wiseman
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Almost colourless last leaves on my liquid amber tree glow mellow yellow as the sun shines through.
Mellow Yellow Monday #20
Glowing drops of gold
Pale leaves shine like falling stars
Last breath of beauty
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Almost leafless grape vines, ready for the Winter sleep at Eldridge Estate Winery, Red Hill, Mornington Peninsula
Scenic Sunday #45
Song lines of grape vines
Like sighing violin strings
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Now that Autumn is here, it is not easy to find flowers.
But these roses linger on at the end of rows of grape vines at Eldridge Estate Winery, Red Hill, Mornington Peninsula.
I love the blush of pink on some of the white petals.
Today's Flowers #41
Last roses linger
Naked grape vines twist and twirl
Lady and the Tramp
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ A plastic-like ridged panel on one part of my verandah holds the light and shadows in rather strange ways.
The glare is reduced, but filmy shapes emerge, especially in early morning and evening light.
Here, there is the shadow of a cane backed chair.
The other shadow is my dear hubby.
But his shadow allows the greens of the garden to take on his shadow shape.
Shadow Shot Sunday #53
Shadows are fragments
Often fragments of darkness
Sometimes hints of light
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Hope you're not sick of my wild cockatoos just yet.
But I was wondering.
How many critters in this photo?
I mean really?
"HE" hesitated about getting this photo seen.
He thinks he looks like a dork.
His hair needs brushing and his nose is too big.
But did you really notice that!?
It's just the angle of the two profiles intent on the activity in hand that is so fascinating!
Camera Critters #59
Meet some characters
Priceless moment of the minds
Circus in action
Collage by Gemma Wiseman ~ My verandah finds a use for a little plastic.
The roofing shelting and side wall have a form of plastic which creates unusual lighting effects in the early morning and late evening.
This morning when I took these shots, my husband cast a shadow on the plastic wall (top left). He created a strange, eerie, translucent view of the greenery behind it.
The arced shadows are cast by the back of our cane verandah chairs.
And then, of course, there is the inevitable plastic watering pot.
PhotoHunt #163 ~ Plastic
Trite cosmetic tamperings
Collage by Gemma Wiseman ~ The plastic revolution.
There is the plastic money you have when you don't have money.
But then there are also other plastic convenience cards such as those donating a part of your purchases to the community or accumulating a few rewards for yourself.
I thought it was ironic that I found a plastic tag in the plastic pot holding my jade (money) plant.
Photos for Sale on RedBubble
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
SONGS ABOUT AUSTRALIA
- Damien Leith - his citizenship ceremony in Tenterfield + he sings "Tenterfield Saddler" - Australia Day 2007
- "I Still Call Australia Home" - Peter Allen's beautiful song sung by the Outback Singers - absolutely stunning!
- "I Am Australian" - delightful Australian images synchronise with a song of the Australian spirit - The Seekers
- "Great Southern Land" - the deepest wells of the Australian spirit - Icehouse (1989)
Australian Photography, Painting & Music Links
- Tia Kane Art - Chinese art through Australian eyes
- Kieran Murphy - Amazing 19yr old (2008) guitarist - Melbourne = "The Chase"
- Ian Wallace - Award winning photographer from Tasmania
- Lindsay Buckland - Music - Eclipse of the Common Sense - Melbourne, Australia
- Andonis - Heroic Mosaic Art - Melbourne Australia
- Michelle Wrighton - Pet Portrait Artist - Perth, Western Australia
- David Webb's Nature Photography - Queensland
- Robert Todonai - Painter of Australian Life & Landscapes - Western Australia
General Interest Australian Websites
- Australia's Weirdest Wineries
- Mornington Peninsula Tourism
- Unusual Facts About Australia ~ Some serious, mysterious and fun
- Desert Art - Broken Hill NSW
- The True Blue Roo Poo Company - Funny gifts from Down Under
- Scribbly Gum
- Truly Australia - Travel Australia
- ABC Rural Australia
- ABC Northern Tasmania
- Australian Snapshots
- Message Stick - Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Online
- ► 2012 (462)
- ► 2011 (712)
- ► 2010 (1000)
- Sacred Rust
- Light Translations
- Mystic Petals of Yesterday
- Scenic Haven
- Shadowy Zig Zags
- Mini Monster
- Book Culture
- Silvered Autumn Moods
- Valley of Autumn Secrets
- Closed Eyes
- Secret Sanctuary
- Welcome of Earthy Textures
- They're Playing Our Blues
- Autumn Sunlight in Autumn leaves
- Feathers Round the Roof
- Song Lines of the Vine
- Lady and the Tramp
- Paradox of Shadows
- Food Circus
- Our Plastic World
- Rippling Autumn Morning Skies
- Crow Variations
- Window Within a Window
- Urban Greens
- Sail Sign
- Dragon Tamed by Cockatoos
- Water Blues
- Wings Moored
- Crow and Cockatoo
- Sunny Beacon in Autumn
- Old but Beloved
- A Patch of Monochrome Magic
- Another Spring of Flowers
- Sea Wanderer
- In the Shadow of a Dragon
- Kookaburra Laughter for All Weathers
- Painted View of Yesterday
- Dark Trees in Autumn Sunset
- Flurry of Pinks
- Mailbox with a Message
- A Window on Nature
- Holiday Signs
- If Wings Return
- Monochrome First Light
- Behind the Bars
- Blue Silhouettes, Illusions and Reflections
- Wheels in Waiting
- Waiting Golden Eyes
- What's It Like
- Firey Floral Art
- White Messengers
- Labyrinth of Shadows
- Welcome to our Private Zoo
- Mystical Morning Light
- Mountain Secret
- Big and Beautiful Bird
- Hub Cap Fantasy
- A Little Water Goes a Long Way
- A Little Red in the Rain
- Memories of Blue Summer Days
- Golden Worlds
- Laughter Heals a Broken Day
- Purple Imaginings
- Silver Autumn
- Dimension Connections
- Some Day a Journey
- Dark Footprints
- Walkng in Heaven
- Cockatoos Enjoy a Challenge?
- Autumn Sunset Skies
- ▼ May (70)
- ► 2008 (771)
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title