Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Ambivalent winter morning skies in the Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula
Sunday Scribblings #222 - ME
*** This is my Gemma Wiseman profile on Helium
To understand me...
To understand me, perhaps a few tangibles may help.
If I were the sky, I would be a cloud drifting, reshaping, reinventing, but always enigmatic. If I were the earth, I would be a rock, bathing in the rush of a waterfall. If I were a tree, I would be a willow, that soft lacy wandering in the whims of breezes, dreaming quietly by water.
If I were a place, I would be Sheffield in Tasmania; coloured with murals whispering of other lifetimes; wrapped in the mystery of blue mountains flecked with snow.
If I were a shop, I would be Berkelouw's rambling magic of a homestead, alone in serene farmland, in Berrima NSW; graced with an intimate cafe, window boxes of vibrant geraniums and a wonderful log fire hosted by an old armchair. And of course, those books forgotten by the mainstream bookworld.
If I were a garden, I would be Mount Annan Botanic Garden south of Sydney NSW. A healing place, where forested boardwalks gently lead to sanctuaries of old songlines and a sundial on a hill waits for human shadows to cast time.
If I were to be a season, I would be Autumn; that mystical limbo raining in color.
If I were to be an element, I would be Water, the paradox of a variable constant; sometimes plains of blue leading to silken road horizons; sometimes lapping charms by those coastal sands of decision; sometimes cleansing, healing hands; sometimes drowning rebirth.
If I were a bread of life, I would wink impishly from the exotic worlds of a chocolate box.
But, I am none of those things, for now.
For now, I am just some eerie etchings on a white slate, trying to drift in a tiny bark through tai chi skies.
Laini Genge and
Monday, July 5, 2010
If I were to be...
Photos for Sale on RedBubble
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
SONGS ABOUT AUSTRALIA
- Damien Leith - his citizenship ceremony in Tenterfield + he sings "Tenterfield Saddler" - Australia Day 2007
- "I Still Call Australia Home" - Peter Allen's beautiful song sung by the Outback Singers - absolutely stunning!
- "I Am Australian" - delightful Australian images synchronise with a song of the Australian spirit - The Seekers
- "Great Southern Land" - the deepest wells of the Australian spirit - Icehouse (1989)
Australian Photography, Painting & Music Links
- Tia Kane Art - Chinese art through Australian eyes
- Kieran Murphy - Amazing 19yr old (2008) guitarist - Melbourne = "The Chase"
- Ian Wallace - Award winning photographer from Tasmania
- Lindsay Buckland - Music - Eclipse of the Common Sense - Melbourne, Australia
- Andonis - Heroic Mosaic Art - Melbourne Australia
- Michelle Wrighton - Pet Portrait Artist - Perth, Western Australia
- David Webb's Nature Photography - Queensland
- Robert Todonai - Painter of Australian Life & Landscapes - Western Australia
General Interest Australian Websites
- Australia's Weirdest Wineries
- Mornington Peninsula Tourism
- Unusual Facts About Australia ~ Some serious, mysterious and fun
- Desert Art - Broken Hill NSW
- The True Blue Roo Poo Company - Funny gifts from Down Under
- Scribbly Gum
- Truly Australia - Travel Australia
- ABC Rural Australia
- ABC Northern Tasmania
- Australian Snapshots
- Message Stick - Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Online
More blogs about greyscaleterritory.
- ► 2012 (462)
- ► 2011 (712)
- Oliver's Hill, Frankston
- Art Show at a Yacht Club
- Weekend Mailbox #16 ~ Why?
- Window on Sorrow
- To Be Or Not To Be...
- Wheels Friday #5 ~ Beach Buggy Wheels
- Moody Winter Sunset
- Elephant Beauty
- Nature's Rights
- Wintry Splash
- Just Fishin'
- Under the Weather
- Overland Track
- Juice of Life
- Endless Bad Hair Days
- Beauty of Tree Trunks
- Weekend Nature #10 ~ Seagull Habitat
- Cockatoo Competition
- Shadow Shapes
- Footprints of Summer
- Hanging Music
- Weekend Mailbox #15 ~ Ugly!
- A Child's Reflection
- Break of Dawn
- Timothy Remembers
- Wheels Friday #4 ~ 5 Wheeler
- Last Lights
- A Media Haiku
- Tree Fairy
- Blues at the Beach
- A Slice of Winter
- On the Run
- Yellow Sculpture
- Life's About Comfort
- I Wish...
- Colour in Winter Trees
- Weekend Nature #9 ~ Winter Blossoms?
- Light Whispering Over Waters
- A Touch of Classical Shadow
- I Have Some Questions
- Triangles in Chains
- Blushing Mid Winter
- Weekend Mailbox #14 ~ Three of a Kind
- Fairytale Reflection
- I Write Like...
- A White Breath Tale
- Wheels Friday #3 ~ Olde Style
- Morning Paintbox
- Museum of Pain
- Little Garden People
- Like Outdoor Vases
- Kitty Strings
- Yarra River Dreaming
- A Little Ruby Fantasy
- To the genie in the bottle...
- Strokes of Moonlight
- From a distance...
- The Rip From Point Nepean
- Inside Point Nepean
- Weekend Nature #8 ~ End of a World
- Point Nepean Shadows
- Overt Freedom
- Cockatoo Antics
- Weekend Mailbox #13 ~ Tall Mask
- Window on Other Worlds
- Fairy Wells
- Old Messages from Townsville
- Autumn can be a time to dance...
- Pale Tales
- Morning Silhouettes
- Wheels Friday #2 ~ Zany Bike Wheels
- Magical Morning
- My Weekend Memes!
- Haunting Masks?
- Pungent, Sour Words
- Signs of Blue
- From the Point Nepean Quarantine Station...
- Mirror! Mirror!
- Wind Churned Waters
- Red Hill Baker Sign
- If I were to be...
- Light a Contact! Burn a Contact!
- Happiness is art on the beach...
- I gave you life...
- Caulfield Park Beauty
- 3rd BLOGOVERSARY TODAY!
- Weekend Nature #7 ~ Just Rolling Greens
- Talking about eyes...
- Long Shadows at Shoreham
- All Wide Open
- Stylish Railway Station
- Weekend Mailbox #12 ~ Barrel of Mail
- Pale Beauty
- A Blistered Season
- Wheels Friday #1 ~ Red MG Wonder
- Joy of Shadows
- Silhouettes in the Sunset
- Paper Tales
- Little One With a Lamp
- ▼ July (106)
- ► 2009 (840)
- ► 2008 (771)
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title