Pic by Gemma Wiseman
The acrostic element is like an elemental whisper in the wings! It barely seems to control the lovely series of ideas in the poem. Especially loved "Sans a box, to put these sins back in," I am sure that Pandora's Box enjoys a mention! Great poem!
(in response to The Prophecy That is @ The Enchanted River)
This poem has dramatic guts, right to the last bristly line! Powerful!
(in response to The Dead Woman Poem #1 @ Poetry from Julie Jordan Scott)
Amazing character sketches of personas! Love the slight differences and especially love the real inner spirit imbued in the last very personal insight into the writer's persona!
(in response to Wishes! by Someone is Special)
A powerful drama of inner dialogue! Like a reality check... when dreaming is simply not enough for the thirsty inner spirit! A challenging piece of creative writing!
(in response to Becky Sain's ...and then @ First Pages)
A sensual journey through a winter wonderland vibrant with metaphorical innuendo and creative, melancholic symbolism. Loved this memory flashback!
(in response to Walking on Frost @ Brokenpenwriter)
My favourite image must be "the howl of time's inferno"...dramatic, Dantean metaphor! A rich poem laden with legendary echoes in a newly found cave!
(in response to The Homemade Wine of the Picaro @ Bill Sigler's Poet Tree)
A refreshing review of our spiritual birth! Especially loved the erotic enigma of the words:
of now, the rapprochement
of being and unbeing."
A beautiful, enchanting piece of poetry!
(in response to Meeting @ the uncrooked tree)
O what a delicious metaphorical romp through spiritual reality! The whimsical, playful charms of a child pushing boundaries is alive while the skeptical adult nods along secretly in the wings! Two personas as one! Creative!
(in response to New Year @ the uncrooked tree)
A novel interpretation of the photo! There is one level that is jaunty, devil-may-care and another that has a beautiful, whimsical thread of melancholy! And the final bravado is priceless!
(in response to Mrs Miniver Goes to Coney Island @ 8th Avenue South)
"Shredded papers" lead to shredded images! Like multi-coloured confetti...a celebration and/or a sign of the throw away society!
(in response to curtain of pebbled path @ Gautami Tripathy's blog rooted)
"shaved by a drunken barber..." What a finale! A brilliant piece of gross writing brushed/drilled with artistic flourish!
(in response to Tess Kincaid's Root Canal)
This poem is riddled with a melancholic whirpool! We may not know the place, but we feel the wild will of the waters! Sadly beautiful!
(in reponse to Chris G's Sustain)
It seems right that the cleansing place should be a thinking place cast in blue silence! Lovely poem!
(in response to Lynne H's poem 3am)
@ dgdreamin clicking and clacking / shiny marbles of my youth / appear in my dreams
(My Comment: Great sound effects! Like a jaunty little steam train!)
@ haikumonk snowman / in the afternoon sun / his wide brim hat / and designer shades / are not enough
@ FullMoonPilgrim: i am going to the beach...to cry a sea.
(My Comment: Sad and beautiful)
@ FullMoonPilgrim: wind crawls in the air / the night is dragged / by the sound / of mistuned / radio.
(My Comment: Creative and sharp! Beautiful!)
You speak to me~words of spun sugar~but I can't hear~my heart is numb
(My Comment: Sad, beautiful, silky sounds!)
My life a puzzle / trying to make a picture / without a box lid
(My Comment: Great wry sprigs of humour in a very serious thought!)
early January / already / this new year shimmers / with a map / of scrapes and grazes
(My Comment: I connect! Beautifully expressed!)
1. Many years ago, when my soul seemed frozen, I found your music. Now your music still breathes creative energy and peace into my soul.
2. Much of my poetry (esp haikus) + photos (on my blog) resonate with the spirit of your music! Thank you! Namaste!
he reads her poems / she writes / his shopping list
(My Comment: Great quirky irony in this!)
Two poems spellbound me this month
1. Joseph Harker's Come As You Aren't @ Naming Constellations...
I love this city: I love the lies uprooted from red clay
rolled between palms and heated in ignorant crucibles
to white white heat:...
2. Magical Mystical Teacher's haiku
carnival of clouds—
shadows chanting ancient songs
as the elders dance
The blog that continually spellbinds me is Kris'
This Will Hurt Me.
Each post title is a wry twist on conventional ideas.
e.g. If I take care of my character, my reputation will take care of me
Knowledge of human nature is the beginning and end of political education
You can tell a lot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans
Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action
Nothing is so admirable in politics as a short memory
The more we have the less we own
Meetings are indispensable when you don't want to do anything
Next to a circus there ain't nothing that packs up and tears out faster than the Christmas spirit
Nothing is stranger to man than his own image
History is the record of an encounter between character and circumstances
Genuine poetry can communicate before it is understood
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge
Many posts have delightful images of his world, his family in Hobart, Tasmania + a continual changing perspectives and "detours" on larger world features.
17.01.11 I nominate @Onestoppoetry for a Shorty Award in #poetry because they stimulate the poetic beast in us all!
Monday, January 31, 2011
Passing Thoughts #12 ~ My Selected Blog + Twitter Comments for January 2011
Photos for Sale on RedBubble
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
SONGS ABOUT AUSTRALIA
- Damien Leith - his citizenship ceremony in Tenterfield + he sings "Tenterfield Saddler" - Australia Day 2007
- "I Still Call Australia Home" - Peter Allen's beautiful song sung by the Outback Singers - absolutely stunning!
- "I Am Australian" - delightful Australian images synchronise with a song of the Australian spirit - The Seekers
- "Great Southern Land" - the deepest wells of the Australian spirit - Icehouse (1989)
Australian Photography, Painting & Music Links
- Tia Kane Art - Chinese art through Australian eyes
- Kieran Murphy - Amazing 19yr old (2008) guitarist - Melbourne = "The Chase"
- Ian Wallace - Award winning photographer from Tasmania
- Lindsay Buckland - Music - Eclipse of the Common Sense - Melbourne, Australia
- Andonis - Heroic Mosaic Art - Melbourne Australia
- Michelle Wrighton - Pet Portrait Artist - Perth, Western Australia
- David Webb's Nature Photography - Queensland
- Robert Todonai - Painter of Australian Life & Landscapes - Western Australia
General Interest Australian Websites
- Australia's Weirdest Wineries
- Mornington Peninsula Tourism
- Unusual Facts About Australia ~ Some serious, mysterious and fun
- Desert Art - Broken Hill NSW
- The True Blue Roo Poo Company - Funny gifts from Down Under
- Scribbly Gum
- Truly Australia - Travel Australia
- ABC Rural Australia
- ABC Northern Tasmania
- Australian Snapshots
- Message Stick - Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Online
More blogs about greyscaleterritory.
- ► 2012 (462)
- Salt + Pepper Shakers
- My Twitter Stones
- A Month of Beautiful Stones
- Passing Thoughts #12 ~ My Selected Blog + Twitter ...
- A River of Stones #31 ~ Just Be
- White Iris
- Happy Chute
- A River of Stones #30 ~ By the Sea
- When the night lowers...
- No Gum Tree!
- Swirly Shadow
- January 19-25 ~ My Poetry in a Nutshell
- Joie de Vivre
- A River of Stones #29 ~ Water in a Bottle
- Precious Shell
- Scenic Dance
- A River of Stones #28 ~ Beyond
- Boneo Maze View
- A River of Stones #27 ~ Walking
- Dromana Vet Sign
- Rivers, Mornington
- A River of Stones #26 ~ Flag
- Australia's Kookaburra
- Australia Day Blues ~ #2
- Australia Day Blues ~ #1
- Lone Canoeist
- A River of Stones #25 ~ Clouds
- Old Doorway
- Grey and Silver
- Italian Red
- A River of Stones #24 ~ Safari
- Peace, Relaxation, Spirituality and Kitaro
- Milkshake Flair
- A River of Stones #23 ~ Distance
- January 12-18 ~ My Poetry in a Nutshell
- January 6-11, 2011 ~ My Poetry in a Nutshell
- January 1-5, 2011 ~ My Poetry in a Nutshell
- Surf Shop Blues
- Laundry Door Shadows
- A River of Stones #22 ~ Kitaro
- Surviving Car Service
- Rippling Colours
- A River of Stones #21 ~ New Journey
- Senior and Junior
- Enchanted Maze Garden Lake
- A River of Stones #20 ~ Moonlight Shadows
- Dogs in a Beer Garden
- Pelican Grandeur
- A River of Stones #19 ~ Stress
- Do You Know What I Know?
- Rosebud Beachside Cafe
- White Window Feature
- Wren at Flinders
- Rare Summer Afternoon
- A River of Stones #18 ~ Spin
- Monochrome Fuschia
- A Drop of Red
- A River of Stones #17 ~ Exercise
- Career Shift
- I'm An Orange Guy!
- This Flower Does Not Grow...Or Does It?
- A River of Stones #16 ~ Creativity
- Carousel Insomnia
- Satriani's Music in Poetry
- Coloured Streams of Light
- Leaf Shadows
- A River of Stones #15 ~ Accessory
- Salvation Saturday
- Fire in the Mist
- Magic in a Magic Place
- A River of Stones #14 ~ Shadows
- Tree Trunk Patterns and Textures
- Kookaburra and Angel
- Shall I Be Pink or Grey?
- A River of Stones #13 ~ Concrete Miracle
- Toy Library, Mornington
- A River of Stones #12 ~ Small Miracles in Queensla...
- Very Strange Summer Skies
- Baby Butcher Bird
- Queensland Floods On My Mind
- A River of Stones #11 ~ Queensland Floods
- Just for Fun #1 ~ Venturia
- Wizard Wells, Red Hill
- A River of Stones #10 ~ Growing
- Sorrento Street
- Journey and The Road Ahead
- Passing Thoughts #11 ~ A Tribute to Jingle
- Yellow Leisure
- A River of Stones #9 ~ Candle
- Night Into Day...
- Abundance in Celestial Destiny
- A Summer Beach Means More Than Swimming!
- Me and My Shadow...
- A River of Stones #8 ~ Running
- Melbourne Skyline from Brighton (2)
- Summer Music
- Marina Reflections
- A River of Stones #7 ~ Ferris Wheel
- Getting Wet
- Carnival Colours
- Hanging Low
- A River of Stones #6 ~ Curves
- An Enchanted Face
- Blotchy Beauty
- A River of Stones #5 ~ Fireworks
- Soft Summer Skies
- 3D Blues
- Rainbow Lorikeets
- In a Magic Garden
- A River of Stones #4 ~ A Child
- Summer Fruits
- A River of Stones #3 ~ Gardening
- Summer Yellow Rose
- Veiled Reality
- A River of Stones #2 ~ New Colours
- Summer Lights
- Shadowy Mural at Ashcombe Maze
- First of the Month in Summer
- Passing Thoughts #10 ~ My Blog Comments for Decemb...
- A River of Stones #1 ~ New Wings
- Ashcombe Maze Fountain
- Weekend Mailbox #38 ~ New Year Mailbox
- Ashcombe Maze Reflections
- ▼ January (133)
- ► 2010 (1000)
- ► 2009 (840)
- ► 2008 (771)
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title