AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes

AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes
I love a sunburnt country / A land of sweeping plains / Of ragged mountain ranges / Of droughts and flooding rains / I love her far horizons / I love her jewel-sea / Her beauty and her terror / The wide brown land for me / ~ Dorothea Mackellar (1885-1968)

Followers

Monday, January 31, 2011

Passing Thoughts #12 ~ My Selected Blog + Twitter Comments for January 2011


Pic by Gemma Wiseman
~

1.01.11

The acrostic element is like an elemental whisper in the wings! It barely seems to control the lovely series of ideas in the poem. Especially loved "Sans a box, to put these sins back in," I am sure that Pandora's Box enjoys a mention! Great poem!
(in response to The Prophecy That is @ The Enchanted River)

This poem has dramatic guts, right to the last bristly line! Powerful!
(in response to The Dead Woman Poem #1 @ Poetry from Julie Jordan Scott)

Amazing character sketches of personas! Love the slight differences and especially love the real inner spirit imbued in the last very personal insight into the writer's persona!
(in response to Wishes! by Someone is Special)

A powerful drama of inner dialogue! Like a reality check... when dreaming is simply not enough for the thirsty inner spirit! A challenging piece of creative writing!
(in response to Becky Sain's ...and then @ First Pages)

A sensual journey through a winter wonderland vibrant with metaphorical innuendo and creative, melancholic symbolism. Loved this memory flashback!
(in response to Walking on Frost @ Brokenpenwriter)

My favourite image must be "the howl of time's inferno"...dramatic, Dantean metaphor! A rich poem laden with legendary echoes in a newly found cave!
(in response to The Homemade Wine of the Picaro @ Bill Sigler's Poet Tree)

A refreshing review of our spiritual birth! Especially loved the erotic enigma of the words:
"the kiss
of now, the rapprochement
of being and unbeing."
A beautiful, enchanting piece of poetry!

(in response to Meeting @ the uncrooked tree)

O what a delicious metaphorical romp through spiritual reality! The whimsical, playful charms of a child pushing boundaries is alive while the skeptical adult nods along secretly in the wings! Two personas as one! Creative!
(in response to New Year @ the uncrooked tree)

2.01.11

A novel interpretation of the photo! There is one level that is jaunty, devil-may-care and another that has a beautiful, whimsical thread of melancholy! And the final bravado is priceless!
(in response to Mrs Miniver Goes to Coney Island @ 8th Avenue South)

6.01.11
"Shredded papers" lead to shredded images! Like multi-coloured confetti...a celebration and/or a sign of the throw away society!
(in response to curtain of pebbled path @ Gautami Tripathy's blog rooted)

19.01.11
"shaved by a drunken barber..." What a finale! A brilliant piece of gross writing brushed/drilled with artistic flourish!
(in response to Tess Kincaid's Root Canal)

This poem is riddled with a melancholic whirpool! We may not know the place, but we feel the wild will of the waters! Sadly beautiful!
(in reponse to Chris G's Sustain)

24.01.11
It seems right that the cleansing place should be a thinking place cast in blue silence! Lovely poem!
(in response to Lynne H's poem 3am)


14.01.11
@ dgdreamin clicking and clacking / shiny marbles of my youth / appear in my dreams
(My Comment: Great sound effects! Like a jaunty little steam train!)

@ haikumonk snowman / in the afternoon sun / his wide brim hat / and designer shades / are not enough

16.01.11
@ FullMoonPilgrim: i am going to the beach...to cry a sea.
(My Comment: Sad and beautiful)
@ FullMoonPilgrim: wind crawls in the air / the night is dragged / by the sound / of mistuned / radio.
(My Comment: Creative and sharp! Beautiful!)

18.01.11
@ GossamerWinged
You speak to me~words of spun sugar~but I can't hear~my heart is numb
(My Comment: Sad, beautiful, silky sounds!)

@ lippy73
My life a puzzle / trying to make a picture / without a box lid
(My Comment: Great wry sprigs of humour in a very serious thought!)

20.01.11
@ ldwilkinson
early January / already / this new year shimmers / with a map / of scrapes and grazes
(My Comment: I connect! Beautifully expressed!)

22.01.11
@Kitaronetwork
1. Many years ago, when my soul seemed frozen, I found your music. Now your music still breathes creative energy and peace into my soul.
2. Much of my poetry (esp haikus) + photos (on my blog) resonate with the spirit of your music! Thank you! Namaste!

@ coffeeperc
he reads her poems / she writes / his shopping list
(My Comment: Great quirky irony in this!)


Two poems spellbound me this month
1. Joseph Harker's Come As You Aren't @ Naming Constellations...
I love this city: I love the lies uprooted from red clay
rolled between palms and heated in ignorant crucibles
to white white heat:...
2. Magical Mystical Teacher's haiku
carnival of clouds—
shadows chanting ancient songs
as the elders dance


+

The blog that continually spellbinds me is Kris'
This Will Hurt Me.
Each post title is a wry twist on conventional ideas.
e.g. If I take care of my character, my reputation will take care of me
Knowledge of human nature is the beginning and end of political education
You can tell a lot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans
Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action
Nothing is so admirable in politics as a short memory
The more we have the less we own
Meetings are indispensable when you don't want to do anything
Next to a circus there ain't nothing that packs up and tears out faster than the Christmas spirit
Nothing is stranger to man than his own image
History is the record of an encounter between character and circumstances
Genuine poetry can communicate before it is understood
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge

Many posts have delightful images of his world, his family in Hobart, Tasmania + a continual changing perspectives and "detours" on larger world features.

17.01.11 I nominate @Onestoppoetry for a Shorty Award in #poetry because they stimulate the poetic beast in us all!

I nominate @Onestoppoetry for a Shorty Award in #art because they stimulate the creative beast in us all!


1 comment:

Someone is Special said...

Gemma, it is my pleasure to be listed here. I never thought I will make it but it happened.. Thanks for all the smiles. I will update these sweet lines in my blog.

Somoene is Special

CALENDAR

Tasmania

Tasmania
A place of beauty in the Western Tiers

Tasmania

Tasmania
View near Blackwood Park Cottages, Mole Creek

New Landscapes

New Landscapes
New Worlds

Archive of Blog Quotes

  • A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
  • Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
  • Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
  • Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
  • Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman

Google Analytics

The Inner Light of the Spirit

The Inner Light of the Spirit
The Spirit of Inner Light

Lady Gemma

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails