Passing Thoughts #14 ~ February Spellbound
1. Revenant by hedgewitch fascinated me with the Gothic darkness of magical poetry.
My Comment: A fascinating sense of dark drama looming into a storm! Beautiful!
2. (a) Sitting With Ghosts from Poesia Torta (Crooked Poetry) - aka Kenia Cris, is a tantalising reflection on other worlds infiltrating our lives.
It's all in the way we live our lives
and the way we sit our ghosts
at the dining table...
My Comment: O what a creative, light-hearted reflection on thoughts of more eerie beings that may inhabit our lives! Loved this!
(b) Also from Poesia Torta, I loved #441.
I need life to be hectic
so I have no free time
to think about empty spaces...
My Comment: As if in being hectic, the more unsavoury elements of life are squashed and silenced for awhile! An enchanting but dark melancholy underlines these words! Beautifully crafted!
Monday, February 28, 2011
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ The sea tumbles in to shore on Dromana beach, Mornington Peninsula
*I am nothing without my soul
*I cannot see without my soul
*My memories are my secret soul
*Unlock the rhythms of my soul
*Colour my grey days with love
*Bring me fruit when I'm fruitless
*Stir my happiness with your understanding
*Your dreams are in my sunrise
*Be gentle with the gentle spirits
*Human volcanoes don't spawn rich soils
*Slow rhythms carefully hasten genuine progress
*Value impulse learning from accidental teachers
*Celestial watery siren songs beguile me
*Grey days fog grey melancholic spirits
*Tropical dreams live in unseasonal worlds
*Words are the bling of life
*Unwoven thoughts awaiting the right tapestry
*Unborn realities waiting for a sign
*Unashamed feelings waiting in the wings
*Grey words sigh like weeping violins
*Pure light doggedly disembowels pure evil
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ In last weekend's Western Port Festival 2011 parade were some strange sights.
This man seemed to be well known in the Hastings community, but he just walked alone with a little one, smiling to the crowds.
Mellow Yellow Monday #109
A child on three wheels
A man smiling and guiding
Hosted by Drowsey Monkey
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ The moon is rising in the Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula
PhotoHunt #254 ~ Mostly black
Haiku Heights #32 ~ Mirage
Carry on Tuesday #94 ~ Saved by the bell
Moon icing darkness
A bell saving the silence
A mirage of light
Hosted by tnchick
Haiku Heights is hosted by Leo
Hosted by Keith's Ramblings
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Shadow's penetrating gaze when she waits at the door.
Pet Pride meme
Waiting for freedom
Gaze with a steely command
Wise gems from Shadow
Hosted by Bozo and magiceye @ Pets Forever
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ A child enjoys a moment with a goat in the midst of the busy celebrations last Australia Day, 2011 at the Dromana pier, Mornington Peninsula
SOOC Sunday #120
Child and animal
Joyful moment together
Hosted by Jan @ murrieta365.com
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Last weekend, a little one enjoyed riding in the Western Port Festival community parade
Shadow Shot Sunday #145
Parades are exciting
Riding with my cool shadow
Hosted by Tracy @ Hey Harriet
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Last weekend, an unusual ride featured at the Western Port Festival 2011 at Hastings, Mornington Peninsula
Weekend in Black and White meme
Riding cocooned in a blast
Hosted by Dragonstar
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ A quiet area (late Winter 2010) opposite the Treasury Building, inner Melbourne
(Late summer sun still struggles to appear, so it's time to delve into the archives again!)
Weekend Reflections #75
As if Nature cringed with cold
Urban grey beauty
Hosted by James (Pennsylvania, US) at Newtown Area Photo
Friday, February 25, 2011
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Cloud shapes in the south-west sky of Dromana, Mornington Peninsula
Sky Watch Friday #126
Stretching and buckling
Insight into fun cloud games
Creative sky board
Hosted by Klaus Sandy Wren Fishing Guy Sylvia
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ This sign is in my neighbour's front window.
It was made for them.
The letters are actually an anagram of the world in which we live on the Mornington Peninsula.
It's an anagram of our seaside town DROMANA.
(Their Siamese cat just happened to be there when I took the photo!)
Signs, Signs meme
Unique kind of sign
No drama in Dromana
Signs, Signs is hosted by Lesley
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Last weekend, an old blue FJ Holden joined the parade in the Western Port Festival 2011 at Hastings, Mornington Peninsula
Midweek Blues meme
Remember the days
Riding round on vintage wheels
Old blue on parade
Hosted by Rebecca Haegele @ The Dusty Cellar
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ 3 levels of Circus Magic to wander!
This attraction appeared last weekend in the Western Port Festival 2011 at Hastings, Mornington Peninsula.
ABC Wednesday Challenge Round 8 ~ F is for Fun
Wander through magic
Moving stairs and surprise sights
Three levels of fun
ABC Wednesday Challenge Round 8 is hosted by Mrs Nesbitt
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Swiming carnivals create a great opportunity to watch water in action!
Watery Wednesday #128
Swimming pool stage play
Patterns slide and hip hop dance
Hosted by 2sweetnsaxy aka T. Bruce
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Pic by Gemma Wiseman taken from TV Channel 9 coverage
Passing Thoughts #13 ~ For Christchurch ~ Again!
We reached out to our Christchurch
We stood by her side
The earth moved that day
Just over four months ago
Eerie trembling worlds
Today the earth moved
Fragmenting lives and lifestyles
And the church spire fell
Caring trembling hands
Reaching out to our Christchurch
We are here always
** Thinking of bloggers Stoneweaver and Marja from Dutch Corner in Christchurch
Ref also Passing Thoughts #7 ~ For Christchurch
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ St Joseph's Primary Scool paraded lots of red in the Western Port Festival parade last weekend.
Annually, this parade celebrates the community spirit of this region on the Mornington Peninsula.
This year, Hastings was celebrating 150 years of evolving on the Peninsula (hence the "150" hats on the children's heads!)
Ruby Tuesday meme
A parade of red
Happy faces brightly glow
Western Port glory
Hosted by maryt/the teach @ Work of the Poet
Monday, February 21, 2011
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Western Port Festival 2011 was celebrated last weekend at Hastings on the Mornington Peninsula.
As the parade marched down the street, this photographer joined a statue for a better view and a better photograph!
She looked as if she was part of the statue!
Monday Feature prompt ~ Different
High on a statue
A different point of view
She needs that photo
Monday Feature (Mandagstema) is hosted by Petunia
Microfiction Monday #71 ~ where a picture paints 140 characters, or even fewer. Susan says:
Photos will be from my own archives; illustrations are from Dover Publications' free clipart sample newsletter.
There was a clinical precision in that hallway
Cleansed of life
Like an erasure
Maybe one of those open doors
Hosted by Susan @ Stony River
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Young bike riders show how fast they can lift their bike up on one wheel - even in a parade!
This photo was taken at the Western Port Festival this past weekend on the Mornington Peninsula
Digital Fun Challenge #17 ~ Fast
Parade of bike skills
Young riders in the fast line
Hosted by BLOGitse
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ This weekend, the Western Port Festival parade celebrated the strength of Hastings' community spirit over 150 years on the Mornington Peninsula.
Many businesses and groups in the area were represented.
Even dogs went along for the ride!
Mellow Yellow Monday #108
Strong community spirit
Pets are included
Hosted by Drowsey Monkey
Photos for Sale on RedBubble
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
SONGS ABOUT AUSTRALIA
- Damien Leith - his citizenship ceremony in Tenterfield + he sings "Tenterfield Saddler" - Australia Day 2007
- "I Still Call Australia Home" - Peter Allen's beautiful song sung by the Outback Singers - absolutely stunning!
- "I Am Australian" - delightful Australian images synchronise with a song of the Australian spirit - The Seekers
- "Great Southern Land" - the deepest wells of the Australian spirit - Icehouse (1989)
Australian Photography, Painting & Music Links
- Tia Kane Art - Chinese art through Australian eyes
- Kieran Murphy - Amazing 19yr old (2008) guitarist - Melbourne = "The Chase"
- Ian Wallace - Award winning photographer from Tasmania
- Lindsay Buckland - Music - Eclipse of the Common Sense - Melbourne, Australia
- Andonis - Heroic Mosaic Art - Melbourne Australia
- Michelle Wrighton - Pet Portrait Artist - Perth, Western Australia
- David Webb's Nature Photography - Queensland
- Robert Todonai - Painter of Australian Life & Landscapes - Western Australia
General Interest Australian Websites
- Australia's Weirdest Wineries
- Mornington Peninsula Tourism
- Unusual Facts About Australia ~ Some serious, mysterious and fun
- Desert Art - Broken Hill NSW
- The True Blue Roo Poo Company - Funny gifts from Down Under
- Scribbly Gum
- Truly Australia - Travel Australia
- ABC Rural Australia
- ABC Northern Tasmania
- Australian Snapshots
- Message Stick - Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Online
- ► 2012 (462)
- Passing Thoughts #14 ~ February Spellbound
- February ~ My Six Words on Twitter
- Family Smiles on Parade
- In a Child's World
- Shadows on Parade
- What a Blast!
- Ragged Reflections
- Verandah Shadows
- Cloud Play
- FJ Holden
- Fun Magic
- Water Vibrations
- Passing Thoughts #13 ~ For Christchurch ~ Again!
- Parade of Red
- Desperate Photographer
- Blank Hallway
- One Wheel Riding
- Festival For All!
- Street Flowers at Hastings
- Shadow and Ball
- Top Memory
- Western Port Youth on Parade
- Welcome Shadows
- Hang Over
- Soft Blooms
- Waiting Candlelight
- Misty Reflections
- Evening Sky
- Wild Number/License plate
- Big Splash
- Just For Fun #2 ~ Six Word Alphabet Challenge
- Sleeping By the Sea
- Mellow Yellow Happy Feet
- Spot THE Shadow!
- Summer is Fading
- Night Shadows
- Secret Magic
- Gleaming Reflection
- Do Clouds Send Signals?
- Where is the shopping centre?
- Dromana Flags
- Testing the Waters
- Beside the Giant Tea Cup
- A Happy Train
- Shadow Turns
- Perhaps Love...
- White Mystery
- School Shadows
- Beauty of Age
- Within Reflections
- Whimsical Skies
- Dirty Clothing
- First of the Month in February
- Robin's Egg Blue
- Canadian Bay Club
- Dromana Blue Boatsheds
- Bringing the Sails Home
- Red Shade
- ▼ February (69)
- ► 2010 (1000)
- ► 2009 (840)
- ► 2008 (771)
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title